Wishing you all jubilant new year 2016. North America Telugu Society (NATS), the premier service national Telugu organization formed with the Motto – “Bhaashe Ramyam Seve Gamyam” had been living up to its foundation ideologies and principles – To help the Needy People, To Preserve and Propagate Telugu language and culture. In this incredible journey, NATS came up with several service initiatives to help the people and organized several events to assist and promote health, literary, cultural, educational, economic and Community activities. All this was possible only due to the enormous contributions and efforts by NATS Donors and NATS Volunteers. A Big salute to their tireless and selfless efforts.
I’m humbled and honored to become the president of North America Telugu Society (NATS). My heartfelt thanks to NATS Board for their faith and confidence in my leadership and for giving me an opportunity to serve the Telugu Community through NATS.
With the strong foundation laid by the past Presidents, I am confident that with your help and support, the current team will take NATS to a much higher level. NATS encourages helping the community, promoting culture and heritage, and we urge all NATS members to promote these values through active participation in all our events and service initiatives.
As many of you know, NATS is the first Indian Organization to start a 24 Hours Helpline to help the community. I’m glad that so far we helped hundreds of families through our NATS helpline by providing various forms of help – Medial, Financial, Legal, Domestic Violence, Immigration, etc.
The following activities have been lined up:
- Activate NATS Students cell to conduct Immigration awareness programs to help Indian students coming to the USA for higher education.
- Adopting Schools in our Villages to improve schools facilities and also to help economically backward students.
- Help and serve people of Telugu origin in the United States through community service activities like – Medical Camps, Immigration Seminars, Career Assistance Programs, Tax Seminars, etc.
- Provide NATS Rewards cards to improve NATS memberships and to also provide incentives to NATS members through the NATS rewards cards.
- Working with Government and other nonprofit organizations to improve sanitation facilities in India.
- Continue organizing NATS signature events to involve children and women in all the Metros throughout the country- Baalala Sambaralu, Mahilaa Sambaralu.
- Continue health services through ‘Ask NATS doctor’ to help the needy people for providing medical advice and second opinions in USA and also in India.
- Increasing Membership and bringing more people into the NATS organization.
- Offer Training programs to help rural students in India.
- Conducting Sports activities in different Metros throughout the country.
- Adding more NATS chapters (NATS Columbus, Ohio chapter is starting in January 2016 and few more in the pipeline).
- Providing continuous health services through NATS Permanent Clinics.
I herewith request all members of NATS family to extend their cooperation, help and support to take this great organization forward and to serve the Community. Thanks in advance for your help and support.
Mohan Krishna Mannava,